At Ansam Construction we want all of our customers to be completely reassured that all of our building work is carried out to the highest standards.
We are certifed by the NHBC which sets exacting quality standards to which all our Newbuild projects must meet.
We are also registered members of the National Register of Warranted Builders and are members of the Federation of Master Builders Warranty Scheme which is an insurance backed guarantee scheme. See below:
What is the MasterBond Warranty Scheme ?
The Federation of Master Builders has a reputation for innovation and in 1981 it launched its Warranty Scheme to give the public further confidence in choosing members for building work.
MasterBond offers a client a 2 year insurance plan to cover defective workmanship and materials of all registered builders and ancillary tradesmen. Where major structural work is involved, the scheme is extended to a maximum of 10 years.
To join the National Register of Warranted Builders (NRWB), members must have been in business for at least 3 years and have to provide client references and financial information.
How Much Does it Cost ?
Customers pay a small 1.5 per cent premium on the total cost of the work (e.g. £75 on a £5000 job)
What Happens if the Builder ceases trading ?
The cover remains valid even if the builder has gone bancrupt or ceased trading through insolvency or, if a sole proprietor, has died. In this instance, the insurance pays a maximum of 25% of the contract price or £10,000 (whichever is the lesser) to cover additional costs incurred in having the contract completed by another NRWB Registered Builder.
What does it Cover ?
MasterBond - the 1st of its kind in the building industry - covers house extensions, loft conversions, central heating installation, double glazing work, wall insulation, and other structural and decorative work.
Why Should I Have it ?
Under the scheme, choosing a MasterBond provider for your building project means that you don't have to incur risks - the work will be completed to a high standard - whatever happens ! Claims are settled quickly and easily and resulting in many highly satisfied customers.
How does it Work in Practice ?
1. Find your NRWB registered builder. Look for the logo in their advertising. A list of registered builders is available from the FMB head office. Naturally Ansam Construction are registered !
2. Obtain Quotes. Ensure your builder covers all aspects of your requirements. Check the quote carefully prior to accepting.
3. Documentation. Advise your builder that you wish to make use of the Warranty Scheme. Ensure that a Proposal for MasterBond Cover form (WR4) is signed by your builder and yourself, and despatched to the FMB Head Office together with the premium and a full description of the works to be carried out.
4. Work in Progress Certificate. When the WR4 is received, your builder will be sent a Certificate of Insurance for Work in Progress (WR5). Your builder will present this to you upon the commencement of the contract.
5. Completion of Contract. As soon as you have agreed that the work is complete, the builder will provide you with a Completion Document (WR6). This should be completed in full and posted to the Head Office. The Certificate of Warranty (WR7) is then issued. The contract is now covered by the Warranty.
6. Payments - Interim & Final. We do not recommend that deposits larger than 10% are paid with order unless materials are delivered to the site prior to commencement. Any interim payments should only be made when the WR5 is in force. Final payment must be made within the 21 day period to ensure continued effectiveness of the Warranty.
7. Disputes. If at any time you find yourself in dispute with the contractor and cannot resolve them in discussion, please report the fact in writing to your local FMB office or the Head Office in London. It is hoped that disputes can be resolved amicably by conciliation or if necessary by arbitration.
8. Exclusion. The information given on this web site is intended to provide an overview of the Scheme. However the actual details are contained in the Cover documents and nothing in this explanation may be construed to vary the contant of the product itself.
FMB Head Office
Gordon Fisher House, 14/15 Great James Street, London, WC1N 3DP,
Tel: 0207 242 7583, Fax:0207 404 0296
Midlands Regional Office
Federation of Master Builders, Mercer House, 780A Hagley Road West, Oldbury, Warley, West Midlands, B68 0PJ
Tel 0244 212241
So, for a friendly but knowledgeable conversation about your building needs, please contact us to arrange for a no-obligation quote on 07976 259047 or 07970 661403
| New Build | Extensions | Refurbishment |
| Your Guarantee | Finance | About Us | Contact Us | Home |